Macro, form showing blank - newbie to accessWhe

Tazlady34

Board Regular
I have the following macro

[Forms]![frm_View_App_List]![View_App_List]![ApplicationID]=[Forms]![frmNMF_View_App]![ApplicationID]

Im going to a form in my database, when I select a record the form shows up blank.

Can anyone see by looking at the above macro what I may be doing wrong?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Hi TazLady34,

Usually I've had Access pop up blank forms when the form's source table/query is missing or corrupted. Check the recordsource property of the form and find out out what its looking at, then check that table/query to make sure its functional.

You said when you select a record the form shows up blank... do you mean no data, or no textboxes into which to enter data? How do you select a record.. from another form? Is the code you showed supposed to transfer data from the form on which you select a record to the form that allows data-entry for that record?

HTH,

Upvote 0
Thank you :). I am sooo new to this...I have signed up to take some classes in October. What ended up working for this one is

[ApplicationID]=[Forms]![frm_View_App_List]![View_App_List]

I have alot to learn. Thank you again!

Upvote 0
No prob,

A little tip,

When you need to refer to one object from another.. say a form from a form., right click on a label, or anything on the form that doesn't have code attached to it, and select expression builder, make sure the referenced form is loaded, and then use the little expression builder to build your reference. Just make sure to open it from the referencing form. You need to copy this expression, and paste it into your code. Don't forget to delete it from the expression builder, or just hit cancel after you come up with the expression, otherwise, you will get an error whenever you click on the control from which you initiated the expression builder.

HTH,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziMacca

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back