Macro changes cell colour for some colleagues when run

chris12345

Hi,

I have a macro in a workbook that other colleagues use. Part of the macro copies the data into a new workbook. Most have no issue, but with a few colleagues it changes the cell colour (Red, Accent 2, Lighter 60% in the cell colour pallette [R230, G184, B183]) to a sort of orange colour...but not all columns bizarrely. A previous search suggests this is due to the version of MS Office being used and by adding the below to the macro would solve it. It did for a while, but now it is crashing the macro - difficult to ascertain if its all the same people or just some.

ActiveWorkbook.Theme.ThemeColorScheme.Load ( _
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Document Themes 16\Theme Colors\Office 2007 - 2010.xml" _
)

I would rather keep the colouring as it works nicely aesthetically so if there is a simple update I could get affected colleagues to run on their machine that would be great. I need a stable workbook, so would consider changing the colour to a more generic one, but I do not know which ones won't get changed depending on which machine the macro is being run with.

Any help greatly appreciated

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back