Macro: Ageing of amounts

BelindaN

Hi
:confused:
I work with statements that need to go out to members. I need to create a new database in Access where I can have a balance that after 30 days it moves to 30days balance and then after another 30 days moves to 60days balance and so forth. I need to print the statements directly from Accss so it needs to be right.

Also when we receive a payment the macro must look in 120day balance 1st to see if there is an amount in there, if not it must move on to 90day balance until it finds an amount where it can allocate the payment.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas.

Thanks
Belinda
(y)

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Are you dealing with different bill dates? Or does everything age at the same time? If it all ages at the same time, you need a macro that

A - takes your second oldest age bucket(90?) and adds it to the oldest bucket(120?).
B - moves the 60 to 90, moves the 30 to the 60 and moves the current to the 30 and maybe adds a new amount to the current.

If there are different bill dates, you need to have the date in the query and then only age those that have gotten a new bill.

Upvote 0
As far as the payments, you will probably have to add payment amount as a field and run a seperate query for each age bucket until the payment amount = 0

Upvote 0
The first part -- aging -- is best tackled in a query.

Let's say you have a table called Billing, with fields BillDate and BillAmount

You could build a query called qryAging with these fields:

1. BillDate
2. BillAmount
3. 30Days:iif([BillDate]<=Date()+30,[BillAmount],0)
4. 60Days:Iif([BillDate] Between Date()+31 And Date()+60,[BillAmount],0)

The 90Days and 120Days fields are similar to 60Days -- just change the date increment.

Come to think of it, you'll also need a PaidAmount field and a BalanceOwing field. That way you get a snapshot in the same place.
PaidAmount is a field in the table. BalanceOwing is a claculated field in the query ([BillAmount]-[PaidAmount]).

If you go this way, you'll want to substitute [PaidAmount] for the [BillAmount] field in 3. and 4. above

To check the payments for allocation is a bit trickier. You'll need another query, I guess, but it may need to be done in code.
Essentially, if you receive a payment from ClientA, you need to filter the Billing table by that client and sort the BillDate in Ascending order.
Then you run down the rows, allocating the payment until you run out of money to allocate.

Might have to think about this later when I'm at a machine that has Access installed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziMacca

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back