ChesterJ

Hi,

I have a macro that imports a text file, cleans it up, and transfers the information to a printable data sheet for processing. It works great for %99.9 of my users.

I have one guy who just transferred from excel '14 to '07 (which is the format my software is formatted for). When he runs the program, the macro starts off by importing the text file, reading how many lines it needs on the data sheet, then calls another routine to insert lines accordingly before transferring the data.

When his computer gets to this routine, it unlocks the data sheet, adds some random lines where it is not told to do so, and colors some of them green. Nothing in the code says to add lines in this area or even change color. It even removes all formatting.

Sifting through the code, the macro does all this on one arbitrary piece of code {ie. Sheet1.(Cell(info1) = Sheet2.(Cell(info2)}.

What is causing this? My first guess that is there is something going on with his recent conversion to Excel 2007 from 2014. Caches, residual settings, etc.

I cannot post the code as it is proprietary information.

Any information would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Additionally, I should add that this form is maintained on a company server and is strictly revision controlled. It is sheet and project protected. A user must retrieve a master copy of this form from the server prior to use.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back