lost ownership

guamlet

Board Regular
I was trying to repair the help files for VBA with a windows 2000 SR1 CD. When I got done doing that, I restarted the computer and went to try and open my database. I was the only one who had administrative privelages to the databse, but they are now gone. When I looked at the current owner of the database, it says "<unknown>". What happend? How can I restore ownership of the database back to myself? I need it to be able to modify the design of my macros and stuff, and don't quite remember some of the things I did in creating it. Any help?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
did you try logging in as Admin? If you had any security set up sounds like you lost your .mdw file that has the security in it.

Upvote 0
Search your system for *.MDW to find all the MDW files on your PC, it is possible that when you installed the help files the system.mdw was reset to default. So try to identify which MDW has your security.

Use the steps below to see what is currently set as the workgroup

Search for Wrkgadm.exe

Double click to run it, then if it is: system32/system.mdw click join and look for the one you think it should be. If this does not correct it, put it back to system32/system.mdw .

Don't change your database(tables,queries etc.) until you've fixed the security or you may have the problems with any objects changed.

Ziggy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back