Lost menu items on toolbar

Ms Excel

:eek:
Hi,

I lost some items on my toolbar. The Insert is showing but when I click it, it has only a few items there, without the rows, columns, etc. thus I cannot insert a row.
The Data option is also gone. I don't know what happened. Can you help please?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Not trying to seem simple or anything, but do you have little arrows showing at the bottom of your menus? The newer versions of Excel will "fold up" the menus and only show the options you use the most. If that's the case, either click on the arrows or just wait a couple of seconds and it will all show up.

Upvote 0
Try rightclicking on one of the toolbars, and choose "Customize". In the first tab of that dialog select "Worksheet Menu Bar", and click on "Reset". This will restore the menu bar to its initial configuration, which also means that you'll loose any customizations that you've made to it.

Upvote 0
No, there are no arrows to indicate there are more items to show. I think it is something I coded in a program to show a blank Excel sheet with no toolbars or anything else. In the process of testing, I must have missed resetting it back to its original state.

Juan, thanks for your reply. I tried that already but it did not reset it to the most original state I want. I think it is past that now. Is there any way to reset it back to its very original state?

Upvote 0
Mhhmm, there is only one "original" state, but ok, do this. Exit Excel, and look for any *.tlb files (Should be in your Windows folder), usually named

Excel.tlb or Excel9.tlb or Excel10.tlb

rename, move or delete this files, and open Excel again. This will delete ALL customizations done to all the toolbars.

Upvote 0
Searched for excel*.tlb on my C: drive and there was none. Then, searched for excel*.*, no tlb files but there was an EXCEL9.OLB file???

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?
In Excel97, the toolbars are stored in *.xlb, not *.tlb

Upvote 0
They're BACK! Thank you very much. I am running Excel 2000 but I did find the xlb file; renamed it and copied another one that was there.
Thank you, Julica.

Ann
:D

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kc3475

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back