lookup

ahmedismailfourtex

Board Regular
hello.
i have table (products) contain products names and specifications like color size etc..
and in invoices table iam select product name from products table and some products contain some colors
i need when iam select product name see in the color column the colors only available for this product not all colors in the color column.
:confused:

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
provide your table names and the fields for each of the tables so that a proper SQL statement may be written to assist you.

Upvote 0
the first table called [Articles] contain column name [product name] and [color] in second table called [invoice] contain [product name] selected from 1st table and [color]
best regards

Upvote 0
If these are the only fields in your tables, then I believe that you have to redesign your data base. Here is a link to help you understand proper database design. Normal form for databases do not repeat data in multiple tables.

http://sbuweb.tcu.edu/bjones/20263/Access/AC101_FundamentalsDB_Design.pdf

Once you have your design in order, then it will be appropriate to talk about how your lookups and queries work. Relations between tables should rely in Primary Keys and Foreign Keys. You appear not to employ either.

Upvote 0
thank u for reply
but i tell the interaction columns only, booth tables contain primary key and my question is (i have table (products) contain products names and specifications like color size etc..
and in invoices table iam select product name from products table and some products contain some colors
i need when iam select product name from invoice table see in the color column in invoice table the colors only available for this product not all colors in the color column in products table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damav78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back