lookup question

ajm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
i have today an interesting little project to undertake. I am creating the source material for a new report that tests for insurance compliance by supplier. the reports out of the system are 1. Expenditure (incl Acct Nbr, Descriprion,, & Spend, and 2. Insurance Qualifications (which lists which suppliers have lodged current insurance certificates with us and what they are. Also Expiry Date. Both tables have Account Number.

My Spend report lists suppliers by Name and Number in descending order of expenditure. I have just shown the Account Number and Total columns below. (first two cols)
My Insurance report (screenshot two) lists suppliers by Account Number and Insurance Type, with multiple entries per supplier where that supplier has multiple policies. Against each of these entries, the policy expiry date is listed. You can see that both suppliers have more than one insurance type.

Where i need some help is how to determine whether we have been supplied certificates for each of the Insurance Types (Public Liability, Workers Compensation, Professional Indemnity) and that the end date of the insurances is greater than the Month End date.

The result might look like what i have below.

PS I am also working on getting the different variations of each insurance type ironed out so that there is only one version of each type that the suppliers can select from when lodging their certificates.

1726799811064.png

1726800810284.png

Attachments

• 1726800511428.png
    1726800511428.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 3

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
i'm a ninny. simple countifs solved the issue.

Upvote 0
i'm a ninny. simple countifs solved the issue.
Could you please send the formula that helped you to solve this problem to help future readers? Then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution.

Upvote 0
Could you please send the formula that helped you to solve this problem to help future readers? Then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution.
good point. Here it is, using the same data in the original screen shot. The formula is

1727739932914.png

The formula is:
Code:
=COUNTIFS(Quals!$M$6:$M$389,$B12,Quals!$B$6:$B$389,H$8,Quals!$I$6:$I$389,">"&$G$1)

where

Quals!$M$6:$M$389 is the column containing Account Numbers on the tab "Qualifications,
B12 is the Account Number we are looking for,
Quals!$B$6:$B$389 lists the particular insurance type for each entry in the Qualifications table,
H8 is the Insurance Type,
Quals!$I$6:$I$389 is the expiry date of each insurance product listed on the Quals tab,
$G$1 contains today's date.

The logic being that if each of the criteria in the formula are met, then that supplier has a current insurance policy (for that type of insurance).

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam1121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back