lookup help please

RRMESLTD

Help needed please with ‘ACCESS’ look up,

I basically have 2 tables on a database I have created which when we enter the data via a simple form I wish for some of the ‘manual typing’ to be replaced buy using lookup to auto fill some fields.

The form & main table (orders) has the following fields, all I want to do is ‘auto fill’ the supplier name when we add our supplier code to the form. The data which contains the supplier names is in the ‘Active Supplier Table’

Orders Table*************Active Supplier Table

OrderID*****************Supplier Code
Supplier Code************Supplier Name
EmployeeID
OrderDate
Supplier Name

Also, is it possible for the ‘Orderdate’ field to be completed with the date the record was added. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
ok, i have created the relationships on the tables & the supplier number appears on the 'form' for data entry.. When I save the new record the suppliers name is not added to the main database ?? any suggetsions :oops:

Upvote 0
It won't be.
What you'll need to do is set up a many-to-one relationship between the main table and the 2nd (the one you wanted to do a lookup on)

Second step is to build a query based on the two tables and stop using the table entirely. The query will become your recordsource for forms, other queries, reports, etc.

Mike

Upvote 0
ok, can you pint me in thr right direction to building the query(sorry for all the questions)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iours

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back