Excel Ranger

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
a downloadable image (.gif, etc) or a source for a sew-on version of an Excel shoulder tab or patch, something along the lines of "EXCEL RANGER", "EXCEL GURU", "EXCEL GEEK", blah, blah, blah... The appearance should be similar to the "POWERPOINT RANGER" tab which can be seen at http://www.nbc-links.com/powerpointinfo.html I'll be using it for presentations, desktop clutter, er, I mean desktop items, MS Outlook signature block, whatever...
Thank you.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
OK - I'm curious. What in billy-blue-blazes is a PowerPoint patch doing on a site regarding nuclear, biological and chemical warfare? :huh: Now that I've visited the site, shall I sit back and wait for the department of homeland security to come and confiscate my notebook? :nervous:

>>OK - I'm curious. What in billy-blue-blazes is a PowerPoint patch doing on a site regarding nuclear, biological and chemical warfare?

That site is maintained by a US Army Sergeant who specializes in NBC defensive measures. The PowerPoint Ranger is a term in common use in the US military. It is someone who is condemed to produce power point presentations for staff meetings as directed by those-above-the-oxygen-level (a.k.a. echelons-above-reality). The tab is a play on the Ranger tab which is awarded to a select few who volunteer for commando training and who push themselves beyond what most folks would consider to be "sane" behavior (i.e. jumping out of a perfectly good airplane with a parachute, 65-lb. rucksack, and enough ammunition for your own Fourth of July fireworks show). I was just trying to find a similiar patch or tab since I work with Excel on a daily basis. I am prior military. I took the money and got out when they said that I was too broke and busted up to play anymore. Now I am a civilian working for the Army. Hey, its 9-to-5 and I don't get deployed anymore. Been there, done that.

I realize that mrexcel.com has an international audience. I'm here for the outstanding Excel information exchange, not the politics or policies of any particulary whacked-out government.

Stepping off my soapbox now. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Thanks for the background info, for those are dots that I would not normally connect (as is obvious by my first post).

You might want to edit your link on your first post. The hyperlink is including the final period in the URL and thus causing the beloved 404 error.

And if you're a-lookin' to "outstanding Excel information exchange" I dare say, you've found the best spot. Welcome.

Since I'm posting, I thought I'd fix the link.. thanks for the heads up Greg.
Anyway - my post - I would think that there are legal considerations in using the MS logo like that.. I know TOE ran into issues with cafepress over the avatars....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onkey

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back