Looking for RightClick (or TSTom)?

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
Sometimes I see a post by a particular member and the name will stick with me. Or I happen to know that a member is particularly good at some niche. So when I use advanced search I will often restrict the member name criteria.

One member whose posts I routinely find very informative is among our oldest members. When I first knew him he used the handle TSTom. In an effort to avoid ATF agents lookin' into his moonshinin' activities (or to avoid a crackdown by Hong Kong police on international trafficking in pirated Gumby & Pokey figurines -- details are sketchy) he began posting using the rather dodgy sounding name of RightClick. All the years on the run were becoming intolerable due to a bunion flare up on his left foot. [Well, that and the never ending difficulties he had in getting his subscription to Vanity Fair properly forwarded.] Rumor has it that he has dazzled the local authorities in some non-extradition country with his Excel prowess to the point that he is well enough ensconced to brazenly use his real name now.

So if - like me - you might find yourself looking for a post by RightClick (or TSTom) you now need to use Tom Schreiner as your filter.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Greg

Which moniker was the one assigned to him under the witness protection plan?

And why does he feel safe to use his real name now?

Or perhaps it isn't?.:huh:

...Which moniker was the one assigned to him under the witness protection plan?..
Tom continues to be an outlaw and is currently sought by interpol (and the Fargo public library regarding an unpaid late fee of 62¢ for not returning a Calvin and Hobbes book on time).

Thanks for that Greg. It wasn't so much that I was wondering where RightClick had gone, but where this guy called Tom Schreiner, with 6,000+ posts, had suddenly appeared from. :eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back