looking for a replacement for excel Jeanie

yytsunamiyy

Hi everyone,

due to security settings on my new work computer I can't install excel jeanie here. Does anyone have a self-developed add-in for excel 2007 that allows me to post sample ranges with formulas on the board? I might need the source file (.xlsm) to save it myself as an add-in - that worked for my self-developed add-ins...

Thanks, Stephan

Thanks Lenze and sous. The problem is not the dl but that I don't have admin rights on this machine. Excel jeanie relies on a setup.exe for installation, which can't be run without admin rights. In addition to that does XL07 disable all macros for password-protected workbooks (see also ron's site)- and it won't open .xla / .xlam for saving - even with macro security setting set to "allow all" and the wb saved in a trusted location. I would need the source wb (.xls / .xlsm) and save it myself from XL as an .xla /.xlam - that way the add-in can be enabled and runs. doing that worked just fine for my own add-ins. I'll PM eric if maybe he can email me the source file, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

IIRC, Html Maker doesn't have a "setup" file. There's something screwy going on w/ the Html Maker site, apparently it's infected with some malware (according to Google.com at least). I'd me more than happy to send you the Html 2.42 add-in if you'd like. Just PM me and I'll get it to you.

Sous sent me the add-in (thanks again for that) and I got XL to recognise it and open it on start-up, as confirmed by looking at the file list in the vba editor. Now I have only one problem - with the bloody ribbon in XL07 i simply can't find it anywhere...

Any ideas?

just to keep everyone here updated, Sous wrote me in an e-mail:

Do you have an "Add-Ins" tab on your ribbon? My Html is listed there under "Menu Commands" (assuming you're using 2007).

My answer:
No. The add-ins tab is not showing. For my own add-ins I actually created buttons in the ribbon with xml - excel jeany used to show up in the add-ins tab...
I have no idea why XL isn't even asking me if I want the tab to show when i enable the add-in.

came here to respond to your PM about Table-It, but seems that you have a solution now?

And don't forget that you can simply copy & paste ranges from Excel to your post.

kind regards,
Erik

by the way: Table-It is still the only tool - that I know of - which can put back all data+formulas to the sheet with a single click :p

Last edited:
came here to respond to your PM about Table-It, but seems that you have a solution now?

And don't forget that you can simply copy & paste ranges from Excel to your post.

kind regards,
Erik

by the way: Table-It is still the only tool - that I know of - which can put back all data+formulas to the sheet with a single click :p
...If you use IE. It doesn't work with Firefox

Denis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back