Look up todays date and special copy paste value for multiple sheets

SebBev2024

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a work book that I use to predict my stock levels given a average. I have one sheet in the work book for each product. The name of each sheet is the product name. There are 40 sheets (40 products)

On each sheet there is a table. The first two columns (A and B) are "Date" , "Daily count". With the actual date values and count values starting on A2 and B2 respectively.

I am using a formula to look up todays date in column A, If it is today, the count for the day is displayed in the cell next to it in column B, if not the predicted stock level is displayed.

The problem I am having is everyday I have to manually go to each sheet and copy the cell and paste as value to retain the cells value on that day. This is time consuming because of the number of sheets in the work book. I was wondering if there would be a way to automate this process? I have included an image of a sample sheet.

If you need any additional information, let me know. First time posting, hope I've don an alright job.

Also if you do have a solution you can provide, also please give a short explanation it or point me to a resource to learn from.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-10 121659.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-10 121659.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hufflefry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back