Long report

garyd1234

Board Regular
Hi,
I have about a 7 page typewritten document consisting of contract wording that needs to be included with an itemized report in access. The report is a wordperfect doc. I tried various methods or cutting/pasting, linking etc into a report and it cuts off my report after the second page. Is there a limit to how long a report can be? How do I get it to all go into a report? Do I put it in a label or text box or link it? Help! Thanks

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Just a thought...

Could you convert your WordPerfect to a Word document, and then do a Mail Merge from Access? I do that for a lot of reports I do, as Word has better formatting features than Access.

BTW, I checked, and it looks like Access limits my reports to two pages. I don't know if there is a way to override this. The only other I can think of in Access is to split it into multiple reports.

Upvote 0
putting sub reports on the report form works and continuing the body of the report into the next sub report works. The only problem is when it prints the report it will page break where ever it wants including cutting the tops off your letters. Any way you know to tell it to break between two typewritten lines and not cut the bottoms off the letters and put them on the next page?

Upvote 0
You can place insert "hard" page breaks, if that helps any. Also, within each section, you set the "Keep Together" property to "Yes".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back