locking the mouse

buggy2

Board Regular
I would like to lock 'the right click' button on the mouse while a form is open.

The reason for this is that if the user right clicks on the form when it is active, the design view option is still available and I dont want this to happen. I need the user to be forced to address my screen and have no option but to do so. (i.e. a modal screen) but this option will not work in the properties.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
I'm not sure about locking the mouse, but it sounds like you should convert your database to a MDE file. That way, the database is read-only and the user can only insert, update, and delete data and write queries.

Upvote 0
To disable the right click on a form go to the Other tab of Properties and select No for Shortcut Menu. :P

You will also need to remove it from any toolbar that might show up. Or better yet disable all the built in toolbars in Access and create your own custome ones with only the buttons you want to make available.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nithchun

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back