Locked sheet issues

AFawcus123

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Locked sheet changes formatting and becomes editable when emailed and opened in google sheets. I checked for similar threads but came up empty for an answer that suits this situation. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Should be this formatting
Screenshot 2024-08-11 173934.png
This is what I get
Screenshot 2024-08-11 173859.png

Also the cells unlock and anyone can edit the code etc.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
I don't see the connection between emailing an Excel worksheet and Google sheets because I don't have experience with that, but if you lock it so that no one can interact with it, why not send it as a pdf instead?

Upvote 0
Solution
I think its the availability of the Fonts on the device the sheet is being opened from. Maybe paste the text/words that uses special fonts (fonts not available on standard) as Image.

Upvote 0
Thank you Armstong_N14, I'll past a photo in that cell instead, that should fix that.
And Thank you Micron - As for the unlocking issue...I've created a fillable excel sheet, an order form for customers. When they put a number in the unlocked column it calculates that number by the formula in an adjacent column and creates a total in another adjacent column. I'd like the person I send it to to be able to open it and fill it out without having the ability to click on a cell that has a formula as they could accidently change or delete the formula ultimately changing the forms functionality.

You saying you're not aware of a connection between these two (Excel & Google Sheets) I thought I'd change my wording when I did a google search for a known issue. This is the result: Protected sheets automatically unlocked when uploaded to Google Sheet/downloaded into phone. Google Sheets doesn't respect Excel sheets protection. There is no way to transfer protection from one platform on another.

A possible solution... do the final touches in Google Sheets and lock the cells in there, hopefully that could solve it. I don't know if it'll work the other way (opening a locked Google Sheet in excel staying locked) we'll see.

Thanks for the input

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back