Lock File Not Going Away!

CPGDeveloper

Board Regular
Hi All,

I administer an MS Access Application -- MS Access Front End/Azure SQL Server Back End. Micrisoft issued an Office update last week, and since then the lock file on my application will not go away.

In addition, I'm randomly getting error 3048 -- 'Cannot open anymore databases'. I've been able to solve this by removing any DAO Recordsets and replacing them with ADO Recordsets. But I still cannot get the lock file to disappear upon closing the application.

My understanding is that the long file will not go away if there's an open connection lingering somewhere -- this wasn't happenning as of last week, so I find it hard to believe that's the case, but if it is, is there a way to determine if there's some random connection still open. Or is something else going on? Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Thanks Welshgasm. This sucks, but hopefully Microsoft will fix this soon. As I can't seem to figure out how to fix this otherwise.

Upvote 0
According to that article, it looks like they rolled out a fix today.
Excerpt from the link welshgasman provided:

1725983681044.png

Upvote 0
Yes, I saw that, although it doesn't quite seem to be live on our end atleast -- Our IT administrator says as soon as he sees it, he'll push it through...

Upvote 0
Hmm, not sure how you are meant to get them then, unless IT download them manually.
Luckily I am on 2019 , just came from 2007, so I get none of these issues. :)

Upvote 0
Hmm, not sure how you are meant to get them then, unless IT download them manually.
I work in a similar environment. Employees are not allowed to download anything from the internet themselves. All updates are pushed down by Corporate IT Security.

Upvote 0
I aware of that process, but not sure how such fixes are meant to be applied. I thought automatically, but that requires the program to contact or be contacted for the update?, or one goes looking for it manually, to push out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back