Live lessons DVD

Graeme155

Hi

I have a 13" Laptop and the DVD Display does not show the bottom of the page - with the start/stop and the time to go scale - due to resolution issues.

Have tried connecting to a 24" screen but still get this problem. Tried changing resolution with no success.

Any ideas appreciated.

Graeme

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
It may help if you could say which of the Live Lessons DVD you are referring to, the operating system being used and the laptop display resolution.
The Excel VBA and Macros DVD description does say that it requires 1024x768 or higher display.

I am using:
VBA and Macros for Microsoft Excel
Live Lessons Power Excel

and yes when I run it on the 13" screen the reso;ution si below that recommended - but I still get the same problem when I run it on a 24" screen with resolution about the minimum recommended.

Operating system is Windows 7 64 bit.

Cheers

Graeme

You did not say what screen resolution you are using.
I have only tried the VBA and macros DVD because you did not say whether you are using the 2003 or 2007 Power Excel DVD, but I would imagine that my answer below applies to both.

I am using 1600*900 (Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) and obviously it runs OK on that. The minimum is 1024*768 but the recommended is 1280*960. I changed my screen resolution to 800*600 and, of course, it runs but most of the display and controls are not visible when running the DVD application. However, the files can be seen in folder 'data' on the DVD and if you have an application that can run '.flv' files, you may be able to run the lessons - but you will not be able to choose them from the contents list. I was able to run the lessons at 800*600 using RealPlayer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukmana_sam

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back