Linking Excel Values to Access

tacsol

So, First time posting on here, but this site has helped me out a few times....

I have built in excel a workbook with about 10 sheets that we are using to track work we are doing for a client, the sheets are designated to the location we are at when we work on one of their vehicles.

i have 5 columns:

Date
Work order number
Vehicle ID
Technician
Notes

Now I also have Access document with a table built for each of the vehicles, so that we can track the serial numbers and models of the equipment installed on each sheet......

what I have to do is have it so when I enter in the Vehicle Id it will link to the access table that corresponds to that vehicle....

Is there anyway to have the VALUE in the cell automatically determine which table in access it is linked to? I have figured out how to link a cell, but i need the link to be based on the value.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
What you describe appears to me to be a design flaw. You should not have a table for each Vehicle. You should have a table of vehicles. Look at this link so that you have an understanding of how databases should be designed.

Fundamentals of Relational Database Design -- r937.com

You can also have your tables set up in Excel and have the whole table linked to Access and Access will treat the linked table as if it were embedded in Access.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...workbook-a1952878-7c58-47b1-893d-e084913cc958

Upvote 0
ok .... well is there a way to do this through Excel, have the value is a cell hyperlinked so that i can click on it and it will take me to a table with the vehicle info.....

but i need the hyperlink to dynamically change automatically based on the value imputed. so if I enter E0990 into the cell, it will like automatically link to the table 'E0990' on a different worksheet. then if i enter E0999 in the next row it will do the same???

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaseremad

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back