Limiting More than One Record Added

Patriot_BC

I have a form with a subform in it. The start has person information: Name, Group, etc. The subform has phone numbers. I only want one record per person. If I enter a new person, I want one record. Right now there can be one person with many phone numbers. How do I limit the number of new phone records, but not the number of new people?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
It sounds like you have a one-to-many relationship between the people (one) and phone numbers (many). Firstly I recommend you look at your data tables and your relationships to make sure these are set up correctly (in other words, do the tables and relationships reflect how you want to store the data?). Secondly, in the form design, if you only want one phone number per person, move the phone number field (once the data structures & queries etc are right) into the header part of the form and delete the subform if it is no longer required. If this is not possible then please advise.
HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsalaki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back