letter developed from macro

ramasterre

Hi

Im very new to working with access on a macro level. I have an existing database in which there are various macros set up to automate a process. One of the automation pieces is the creation of a letter based on info contained in the database. I have located the macro which contains the letter opening, body, close, etc. and I changed various wording within the string " " parts (so I did not change any coding or formating or anything) but when I go to run the form (the letter) the changes dont show up. It still reads as it did before. Could someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Could this be occuring because this database is a converted version of the original and the original still has the old macro in it??

Also, in design view I moved the header over from the right to the left of the letter and added a line of information at the bottom and now in print preview the body of the letters are not consistent. I.e. the first letter (page one of the print preview) is aligned perfectly, then the next page is aligned a little higher, and the next even higher until information is being lost on the page. How can I get the body to stay centered?

Any help is much appreciated Thanks!!!

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
How is this macro creating a letter?

Could you not just use MailMerge in Word, with your Access database as a data source?

From what I've seen from this post and your others I would recommend just starting with the raw data you have and trying to recreate (and possibly do it better) than what you have been left with.

The most important part of a database is the actual data, not how it is represented.

I don't know if you are able to do this but this is certainly the approach I would take.

Copy the existing database to somewhere you can work on it without affecting any other processes etc and gradually introduce your new ideas/methods to the users.

Upvote 0
although that seems to be the next logical approach, I only have another week or so to work on this and this is not my primary project. So i have little choice other than looking at what they have and adding to it. Any help would be really appreciated.

the letter resides in a form and the opening, body, closing, etc are fields on the form which are using macros as their source. thats about all i can tell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielCorn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back