Hey,
I Need You An Advise About
The Best
And Easiest
And Fastest Way
to Learn Excel VBA Programming

Thanks

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
A couple of ideas...

1. Get a book whose style you like. Look at Bill's Excel books (from the mrExcel Store) and John Walkenbach; buy one of them and keep it close.
2. Start a project that matters to you (or else you won't stick with it). Try stuff, post here when you get stuck, work with the responses (you will likely get more than one way to solve the same problem)
3. Search this forum -- it's a goldmine

Denis

A couple of ideas...

1. Get a book whose style you like. Look at Bill's Excel books (from the mrExcel Store) and John Walkenbach; buy one of them and keep it close.
2. Start a project that matters to you (or else you won't stick with it). Try stuff, post here when you get stuck, work with the responses (you will likely get more than one way to solve the same problem)

Denis

Denis' advice is solid, as a newbie myself I wish someone had told me earlier...

- Don't be afraid to blow stuff up!! Failure is a fantasitic way to figure stuff out.

- Work on copies of your project so when the above happens you can put Humpty back together.

- Use debug.print it helps enormously to follow what your code is doing. remember to turn it off or delete the line or your code slows way down.

- use F1, it also is a great aid in figuring out stuff.

- Before you give up see Denis' third point

good hunting.

M

You may be interested in this write-up regarding how to improve one's Excel and VBA skills:

http://www.atlaspm.com/faqxllearnmore.html#104

Tom, a shameless plug!! :laugh: But you have some really good points.

I want to comment on my experiance.
Now that I am a bit further up the learning curve I find it much easier to search for stuff because I have a framework of terms and a base knowledge to work from. I am constantly amazed how much information is actually out there.
But when I was first starting, searching online was very difficult because I only sorta knew the outcome I wanted and did not know what to search for. As a complete noob it is a lot harder to use the online knowledge bank, I knew it was there, I knew it held many answers but I did not know how to access the information. It was like learning to read all over again.

I guess that is why you mention to use the recorder eh?!

I found the ability to ask, even simple questions, at MrExcel provided jump points for further learning, at least for me, who was self motivated to learn (lots of discussions about spoon feeding etc around here :)). In fact I think that you (Tom) even have helped me out in the past.

Anyway, aa learner I thank you for the link to another resource. Cheers.

M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back