Learn Power Query M Code From Mike Girvin New Book

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Aug 6, 2024.
Every time I use the Power Query interface, I am aware that I am writing code that is probably as inefficient as recorded VBA code.

Today, a new book from Mike Girvin will teach you how to write M code in Power Query. This is for Power Query in Excel, Power BI, or Power Automate.

The book will be shipping from Amazon on October 1, 2024. However, by the third week in August, I am going to have 200 advance copies. For $29.95, you can buy one of these books with free shipping to the USA. While you wait, you can download the PDF immediately.

If you are outside of the USA, you can buy just the PDF today for $14.99. Or, wait until October 1, 2024 when your local Amazon should have the book available.

Buy from here: The Transformative Magic of Power Query M Code in Excel and Power BI
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Yeah, I've just been recording some  macro code here using the macro recorder.  Let's face it, this is horrible recorded code.  I would never use this in  a professional application.  It's just bloated.
All of these .Selects, they're not needed.  While I love Power Query, I'm keenly aware  that when I use the Power Query editor,   it's basically like using the macro recorder.
It's creating code that just is not efficient.  Just like how I currently  write VBA code from scratch.  It would be great just to be able  to write M code in Power Query.  Here's a great new book from Mike Girvin.
It's called The Transformative Magic of Power   Query M Code in Excel and Power BI.
In 209 pages, you're going to learn   all kinds of great things.
For example, here on page 76.  Mike talks about how to use a function  to perform an approximate match lookup.  Something we do all the time in Excel.
But it's super hard to do in Power Query.  Now around the world, Amazon should be  shipping this book on October 1st, 2024.  However, if you don't want to wait.
For those of you in the U.S.,   I have a special deal.
We're going to get 200 copies of this book early.  About the third week of August.
I will ship you a print book   as soon as I get them.
You'll get the first copies.  And that's $29 95.
While you wait, immediately after you purchase,   you can download a PDF of the book.
Today, as soon as you purchase.  For those of you outside the U.S., you're  going to have to wait to get a physical copy   from Amazon or your local bookseller.
However, we do have the PDF available   right now that you can buy for $14.99.
I'll put this link down in the YouTube   description below, a great book by Mike Girvin.
We have several of his books and he   always explains things super well.
I'm really looking forward to getting   up to speed on the M Code learning curve.
Thanks to Mike with this amazing book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aditya77

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back