Learn Excel - How to Get Latest Features in Office 365 - Podcast 1967

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Feb 12, 2016.
You've bought in to the subscription model of Office so you can perpetually get the latest features. Hold on a minute Sparky, it isn't that simple. This video will discuss the various versions of Office 365 and which hoops you have to jump through to get the latest bits.
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Learn Excel from MrExcel podcast, episode 1967 - How do I Get the Latest Version of Office 365!
If you've watched the last few podcasts, we have these six great new functions, some of these are really amazing, like TEXTJOIN and SWITCH, I can see that a lot of people want to use those, and you try it out, and you get the dreaded #NAME! error.
What the heck is going on?
You have Office 365, why don't you have the latest version?
Alright, so let's go to Excel help, press F1, and search for MAXIFS, one of the new function names.
Choose that topic, and then click "Latest Version of Office", and then scroll all the way down to the bottom.
How do I get the newest features?
And finally this help topic explains what the heck is going on!
So everyone who has Office 365, does not get the newest features all at once.
If you have Office 365 Home, Personal, or University, you have to join a program called Office Insider to get the updates first.
Click this link, join Office Insider, to learn how.
If you're not in the Office Insider program, then you're going to get the updates a little later, 1-3 weeks, but possibly longer.
In other words, we have no clue, and even worse, they're sent to a small percentage of users first, and then more users are added over time.
If there's not hue and cry(?), because they broke something.
Alright, for business customers, if you have Office 365 for Business, it's even worse, your SysAdmin might say "No, you don't get anything until they approve it", but you can convince your Admin to make you in the First Release program!
Alright, that will tell you how to get into First release.
Unless you're on a Mac, then you have to join Office Insider.
Isn't that clear?
Now, if you're on Twitter, of course you can follow @OfficeInsider , where they will tell you about some of the new features that came out, or you can just follow @MrExcel , and I will keep you up to date.
That's frustrating, Office 365 was supposed to put everyone on the same release, but it's clearly not happening that way.
Hey, I want to thank for stopping by, we'll see you next time for another netcast from MrExcel!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back