Latest Movies..

Stormseed

Banned
Hey,

Watch this movie "TWILIGHT" (Starring: Kirsten Stewart :razz: & Robert Pattinson) Its an Awesome Love Story and Really worth a watch !!!!

Also, "MIRRORS" :-D I would even suggest not to waste your money or time, buying or downloading Crank &/or Crank 2 because both of them are sickening movies with disturbing scenes though the movie is starring a good actor, namely, Jason Statham (Transporter fame). If you like more of horror or alike, then go for "The Uninvited" !!!!

have a nice day !

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I find it quite interesting that the two of movies you really like, I didn't find appealing at all (Mirrors, Twilight), one I agree is worthwhile (Uninvited), and I really enjoyed both of the the Crank movies.

I didn't enjoy Mirrors or Twilight because the plot lines were quite poor and the acting just wasn't up to par for these big budget movies.

Uninvited was good due to the twist in the plot

And although the Crank movies were way over the top in many ways, they made for good popcorn action flicks where you can escape from the reality of life for a couple of hours.

Take care,

Owen

Hey :-D

It could be that you like to watch twisted movies but I aint a big fan of watching these type of stuff. Crank is very fast and rapid and everything happens so speedy plus these couple of scenes where Jason & actress like a cowboy in the middle of a horse race *holy crap*...watching this movie with the family is not such a good idea !!

Lately, I saw "Underworld - Rise of the Lycans" and I liked it ! Kate Beckinsale !!! One more good reason to like that movie ;-) The first part of Underworld triology was amazing with awesome visual effects :roll:

Last edited:
As any self-respecting Exceler would do, I had to take a look at the stats on Twilight when it came out. I found the gender split quite validating of my take on it. The biggest split was
M < 18 = 5.8
F < 18 = 7.7
for a difference of 1.9.

Which got me to wondering, are there any other flicks that skew this heavily towards chick flick?

The ones I can find that are close are: Mamma Mia!
M < 18 = 6.5
F < 18 = 8.3
for a difference of 1.8

With Sex and the City taking the crown from Twilight on the 18-29 demographic:
M 18-29 = 4.7
F 18-29 = 7.3
for a difference of a whopping 2.6.

Which made me ponder whether I could find a movie that would skew that heavily to being a guy flick. It took quite a few tries to find some good candidates...

Commando was only a +0.1 for guys.

I thought "surely Jackass would do it, nope also only a +0.1 guy diff.

Maybe Alien versus Predators - Requiem? +0.4.

Reservoir Dogs? +0.3

Beowulf the one with an animated Angelina Jolie)?+0.6.

I thought for sure Chained Heat would be a winner, but that one scored universally bad by about everyone.

But I was close on the Jackass guess, I just had to look for another Johnny Knoxvill flick: Dukes of Hazzard
M < 18 = 5.7
F < 18 = 3.9
for a difference of 1.8

And then I found a humdinger of a skew. Admittedly the sample size is small, but Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
M < 18 = 5.7
F < 18 = 2.0
for a whopper difference of 3.7. Can anybody think of a movie that skews more to being a guy flick or a chick flick?

I sat through Twilight, it was okay but won't be rushing out to watch the sequels. Again the Uninvited was poor in my mind, basically a rushed remake.

I've also had the misfortune to see Crank and a couple of other Jason Statham films. He surely won't be allowed to make any more!!!!

One of the better films I've seen recently: http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/into_the_wild/

It's out on DVD now and I loved it.

How did you come up with these stats anyway?

Sorry, shoulda mentioned that! :rolleyes:

IMDB.com. Near the top of every movie's web page there is a graphic that shows how members have voted the movie on a scale from 1 to 10 and a link under/on XX,XXX votes. If you click that link it will show a split-out of the demographics on age and gender and how each group rated it. As a general rule, women tend to be slightly kinder than men in the ratings. For most movies the average score from women will be 0.1 or 0.2 higher.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanle89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back