Large amount of files

shophoney

Hi,

I have an excel file that is 80mb in size. I have daily files for several years that I upload each day. I would like to see if I could save time by storing prior years already. They are csv file format 365 files x 4 years and take 30 minutes to upload each day.

I think if I could save already the prior years and append it might save time.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
If they are .CSV files, they will respond well to a file compression utility. A 10x size reduction may be possible. This is an excellent open source tool I use regularly.

Upvote 0
If they are .CSV files, they will respond well to a file compression utility. A 10x size reduction may be possible. This is an excellent open source tool I use regularly.

Hi

I don’t follow. Does this program work with You Excel as an addin?

I’m trying to have Excel read about 2,000 csv files each day or can I load them once and just have it append newer files.

Looking to save time in loading the files.

Thanks

Upvote 0
It is not an Excel add-in. It is a file compression utility. If prior years data does not change, why are you uploading it daily?

Upvote 0
It is not an Excel add-in. It is a file compression utility. If prior years data does not change, why are you uploading it daily?
Hi, I am uploading any new files added to the sales folder. I have prior years sales plus any new sales.

all sit in a folder as csv files.

Same is true for inventory files and payroll files. Many files and could store prior years but not sure if it makes sense to upload and append or just reupload whole folder?

Best

Upvote 0
Your first post said that the issue was prior year data files that took 30 min to upload each day. Your last post implied that prior year data is already uploaded and you are just uploading new data files each day. The only thing I am clear about is that I do not have a sufficient understanding of your problem or desired solution to be able to help. Perhaps someone else will come along who has a better understanding. Cheers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terrynelson55

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back