Keeping Subform data even with Form Data

Heisman Buckeye

This one has been tearing into me. I have a master table to which several tables are attached in a 1-1 fashion (to make it less bulky). A form that needs to be created takes the main information (on projects) from the master table in a form, and using a subform provides specific addendum per specific project. The final form should look like one form with the master table info plus around a dozen command buttons to launch individual subforms.

Problem is this-- the subform created with the wizard behaves well. If you toggle the master information to a later record, it maps information to that record appropriately. But for all subsequent subform/command buttons it always places information in the space for record one, even though, say record 70 is showing. I cannot keep subform info in line with the form's main data.

Hopefully this makes sense and someone has encountered it before. I have some ideas but I'm not well versed enough in VBA to try. Thanks.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back