Just a little Hello!

Wanting2Excel

Hello fellow computer users.

So I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself as I'm probably gonna be coming back here quite a bit. So Hi! I'm Brendan and I have a boring office job in the UK.

I have used this site a couple of times in the past to help me solve a few little problems but now I would like to expand my Excel knowledge a little. I am a very confident computer user and fairly confident with excel (for the smaller stuff at least) - A few little projects at work that have gone down well with the gaffa and my colleagues has left me with a thirst for more. The projects I have worked on have touched a little into the world of VBA. Whilst very much a noobie in the field I seem to really take to this kind of work and (dare I say it?) it has even made me more enthusiastic about my job.

Not only have I become more enthusiastic at work but I am even considering going back to education part time. Anyone have suggestions on courses or websites that provide 'home' learning that aren't a complete rip off that I may be interested in? Any advice on how to go about expanding my knowledge with Excel would also be great?

So that about sums up why I am here. I guess I'll see you guys around. I hope you enjoy my picking your brains as much as I enjoy the pickings :laugh:

Thanks and Take care :)

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm sure you will find it very rewarding learning from posts here and helping others where possible.

As a starting point, there is a very good list of resources compiled by hiker95 here (not sure if this is the latest):
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...ications-formula-loop-help-2.html#post3303904

There are a number of good video tutorials on Youtube too including the ExcelIsFun channel, videos from MrExcel and contextures, just to name a few.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm sure you will find it very rewarding learning from posts here and helping others where possible.

As a starting point, there is a very good list of resources compiled by hiker95 here (not sure if this is the latest):
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...ications-formula-loop-help-2.html#post3303904

There are a number of good video tutorials on Youtube too including the ExcelIsFun channel, videos from MrExcel and contextures, just to name a few.

Hi and Thank you CC. I will check out the resources you have mentioned there for sure.
Thanks again :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back