iTunes or WMP?

Expiry

Following on from a previous thread, where I intimated that I'm replacing my iPhone with a HTC Desire, I'd like to ask what your opinions are on iTunes or Windows Media Player.

I have Windows 7 on my new laptop and I haven't got round to transferring iTunes from my old PC yet.

Personally, I've never liked iTunes - it never seems to do what I want it to do.

As I'll effectively have an mp3 player, I wonder whether I should just use WMP. I do have an old iPod though, that I use on occasion, so I might want to have a solution for either using my mp3 player with iTunes or using an iPod with WMP.

Any advice or opinion, as always, is gratefully recieved.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I don't have an mp3 player or such, but when it comes down to watching movies and listening to music through my machine I use XBMC...

I greatly dislike WMP, it seems piggy, awkward and well, useless.
iTunes was not designed with the people who frequent places like this in mind. It was designed with my mother and grandmother in mind. (will it even talk to your HTC?) I use it because I cannot be bothered to find an alternative.

I liked Winamp when I was doing Windows boxes at home though I am not even sure it is still around. It was clean and had a super simple interface, granted that was a while ago. I also use VLC for movies now, because they seem to support random codecs.

I avoided using iTunes for ages and insisted on using WMP but times have changed and my ageing iPod, Squeezebox, Sony Erriccson mobile etc all just seem to work nicely with it so I see little point in resisting.

It doesn't stop me thinking Apple have signed a pact with the devil and I refuse to download anything from them.

Dom

It doesn't stop me thinking Apple have signed a pact with the devil and I refuse to download anything from them.

Dom

A fair compromise I must say .... I'm holding out as long as I can but my aging Creative Zen is coming near the end of its life - the screen is barely visible :-( .... and my Nokia's battery won't last long enough to make it a viable music player :-(

Dom

:rofl:

As a Mac user for many years (long before it was popular btw) it is a bit of a bitter/sweet thing to see them so successful, as it seems Apple has moved away from what made them great and in a way may have sold themselves to the devil. Almost seems the way of too many companies, choking on their own success and trying to appeal to the idiot masses..... sigh. (present company excluded of course ;))

there is latest winamp 5.6 or 6 or so and so right now and interface is also fantastic, with diferent diferent colurings and skinnings. it is only good for listening mp3s songs but. and for all films i can use and using VLC, windows player (media), kmplayer(it free like vlc and better than vlc so plese google about KMPLAYER) and please download all codecs like k-lite codecs and windos xp codec pack so that anyt player using we can play everything. THANKS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back