Issue exporting Access 2010 report to excel

Liz_I3

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
I have a report with a group header that has a calculated field picking up the manager name. The report works and prints as excepted. If I use the export to excel button on the ribbon the report exports fine. However when I put a button on the report to export to excel the group header repeats the first managers name only. I used DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, strReportName, acFormatXLS, strFilePath Any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks
L

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Hi
I have a report with a group header ...

Exel does not have the concept of Report group headers and footers like in a Report Writer (Access Reports, Crystal Reportes, etc.) Trying to export an Access report format with group headers and/or footer is problematic.

The previous suggesdtion is to expor the report record source (unformatted data). Once In Excel, yu will have to recreate the group header adn calculation.

It is possibel to use VBA coide to write the data into an Excel file and generated the desired e formatting. This may be the way to go is this has to be repeated often.

Upvote 0
[FONT=&quot]I am experiencing a similar issue when exporting to Excel. I can export to PDF and I see the data that I expect to see. When I report to excel, however, I only get the column names and not the values. I am using a DoCmd.SendObject.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug Mize 1024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back