Is this possible?

Routus

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
1725379525903.png

Hi All
I am looking to create a formula to delete the bracketed numbers in column I, is this possible please?
Thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-03 170110.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-03 170110.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 3

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using? Please update your profile to reflect that. Also, are you wanting the results to stay in column I or the next column J?

Upvote 0
Hi all and thanks for your replies. I'm using Office Professional Plus 2021. It would be good if I could keep the results in column I, but column Q is the next free column if I can't do that easily

Upvote 0
To have it in column Q you could use in Q2 (assuning I1, and Q1 will hold some header):
Excel Formula:
=--LEFT(I2,FIND(" (",I2))
This would work with old excel versions too.

it wouldn't be possible to have result in the same column with the formula. but of course macro could do that.

If you'd have Microsoft 365, the TEXTSPLIT function could be used, but i think it is not available in excel 2021

Upvote 0
Hi all and thanks for your replies. I'm using Office Professional Plus 2021. It would be good if I could keep the results in column I, but column Q is the next free column if I can't do that easily
You won't be able to use a formula to keep the results in column I if column I contains the source data. You will need to use VBA for that.

Upvote 0
Thanks again for your replies; that works fine for my needs Kaper!

Thank you both

Upvote 0
I'm using Office Professional Plus 2021

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’) It saves people having to ask. ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roccanet

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back