Is there a 'very hidden' in Access?

samthomasny

Is there a 'very hidden' in Access?. I have to share a database with general workforce, but I dont want them to see all the system tables and my queries. Is there anyway to hide it. I know about right click properties hidden and then to go into navigation option and uncheck 'view hidden objects'. But any user can undo it. Is there anyway to permanently hide it or to password protect the hiding?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I assume you are already compiling the database into a mde or..acccde to protect the forms, report, and modules.

It is very difficult, maybe impossible, to keep everyone out of the tables and query in a mde/accde. You can make it difficult.

After compiling a new front end, on the copy that I will deploy I run some lock down code. It runs things like use special keys, disables the shift key bypass, do not display the nave pane/ database window, sets the .Attributes for some objects to hidden. This keeps the users out of the navigation pane/database windows.

I also use force Access into runtime mode if they are not using the Access runtime. This really locks down even if you do not do all the stuff above. I do both so it is as difficult as possible to break in. Runtime mode disables the navigation pane/database windows and all design tools. If you are using Access 2007 or later you can rename the .accde to a .accdr to force Access into runtime mode.

Ever time my front end opens is chgeck to see id it is compiled (.mde/accd)e and is it is then runs the lock down code. Next is it checks to see if Access is in runtime mode. If not, it shuts down. After I compile a front end into a .accde/.mde I open it once to lock it down. It is now ready to deployment.

TIP: Backup! Test on copies or you can really get yourself locked out.

This may help:

10 tips for securing a Microsoft Access database - TechRepublic

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idavies1402

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back