Is there a formula for filling data from right to left?

bamacwby

Office Version
  1. 365
Morning all,
I am trying to get data to be input from cells D1 to A1 (right to left) for a single digit but possibly up to 5 digits. Thank you.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Do you have a good sense of humor bamacwby? The reason I ask is because I wanted to be flippant as a response to you statement above because you're not asking a question. Usually I don't respond to these kinds of posts. The title of the thread is a question, but between the title and the statement I can't make sense of the request.

A formula cannot change the values of other cells. A series of formulas could read a single cell and break it into different sections based on a delimiter or other rules.

Can you please be more specific.

Jeff

Upvote 0
Do you have a good sense of humor bamacwby? The reason I ask is because I wanted to be flippant as a response to you statement above because you're not asking a question. Usually I don't respond to these kinds of posts. The title of the thread is a question, but between the title and the statement I can't make sense of the request.

A formula cannot change the values of other cells. A series of formulas could read a single cell and break it into different sections based on a delimiter or other rules.

Can you please be more specific.

Jeff
If you look in the image I attached, I am trying to get the 0 in cell Z6, with the formula shown, to be input into cell AC6. At times Column 6 may have up to four numbers depending on what number i assign to the corresponding cell in the "Engine Formulas" tab.

Attachments

• excel.png
    excel.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0
Are you saying you want to display a zero if Cell 'Engine Formulas'!E4 has no value, otherwise you want to display each number in 'Engine Formulas'!E4 across Z6:AC6?

Book2
ZAAABAC
Engine
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
Z6,Z7:AC7Z6=IF(LEN('Engine Formulas'!E4)=0,0,MID('Engine Formulas'!E4,SEQUENCE(,LEN('Engine Formulas'!E4)),1))

Upvote 0
Does this do what you want?

=MID(TEXT('ENGINE FORMULAS'!E4,"0000"),SEQUENCE(1,4),1)

Upvote 0
Solution
@bamacwby I'm thinking you need formula like below?

AutoTraining.xlsm
XYZAAABACAD
6 0
7 123
8 9365
Tracker
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
X6:AC8X6=LET(s,REPT(" ",6-LEN('Engine Formulas'!E4))&'Engine Formulas'!E4,MID(s,SEQUENCE(,LEN(s),),1))
Dynamic array formulas.

AutoTraining.xlsm
DEF
Engine Formulas

HTH

Upvote 0
Are you saying you want to display a zero if Cell 'Engine Formulas'!E4 has no value, otherwise you want to display each number in 'Engine Formulas'!E4 across Z6:AC6?

Book2
ZAAABAC
Engine
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
Z6,Z7:AC7Z6=IF(LEN('Engine Formulas'!E4)=0,0,MID('Engine Formulas'!E4,SEQUENCE(,LEN('Engine Formulas'!E4)),1))
That still puts the 0 in cell Z6. I need the 0 in cell AC6 and if the number in cell "Engine Formulas E4 is 911, I need the numbers to start in cell AC6 and go right to left

Upvote 0
@bamacwby I'm thinking you need formula like below?

AutoTraining.xlsm
XYZAAABACAD
6 0
7 123
8 9365
Tracker
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
X6:AC8X6=LET(s,REPT(" ",6-LEN('Engine Formulas'!E4))&'Engine Formulas'!E4,MID(s,SEQUENCE(,LEN(s),),1))
Dynamic array formulas.

AutoTraining.xlsm
DEF
Engine Formulas

HTH

I think if leading spaces are wanted, I think that this would suffice:
=MID(RIGHT(REPT(" ",4)&'Engine Formulas'!E4,4),SEQUENCE(1,4),1)

Upvote 0
However you said sometimes 5 but your examples uses 4 cells. Can you please clarify?

Upvote 0
How about this?

Book2
ZAAABAC
Engine
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
Z5:AC6Z5=LET(TXT,TEXT('Engine Formulas'!E4,"0000"),MID(TXT,SEQUENCE(,4,4,-1),1))
Dynamic array formulas.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back