Is the MS RibbonX Icon finder useless?

hatman

So I'm working my way through upconverting one of my workbooks with a custom toolbar to be a cross-version application according to chapters 10 & 11 of PED 2nd Edition. I dutifully downloaded teh recommended
Icon File, and then monkeyed with the VBA to at least insert the icon name into the activecell, so I can then paste it into my XML code. That being done, I discovered that there doesn't really seem to be rhyme or reason to which icons ended up in which bins/groups. I finally broke down, extracted the icon list from the cutomui.xml file of the xlsm download, and then ran some code to plunk the whole lot into a single worksheet, that I then printed on our color plotter (3.25 sheets at 17x22 inches) so I can scan the whole bunch quickly.

Has anyone else tried working with this stuff? Am I slow and archaic in that I like to SEE the whole icon set more or less at once? Is there some slick trick to using the Icon file that I simply missed?

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back