Is it possible to post attachments to the Excel board?

These boards do not allow attachments. If you just need to show a snippet of your data, I'd recommend using one of the following:

Excel Jeanie
MrExcel HTML Maker
Borders-Copy-Paste

However, if you absolutely need to share a file, try using a free filesharing service, such as box.net.

I need to post a file - box.net is inaccessible to me due to the fact that it contain malicious code.

I need to post a file - box.net is inaccessible to me due to the fact that it contain malicious code.
That's precisely the reason why many of us will not even attempt to download any file you upload (possible viruses, malicious code, etc). Many of us even have strict corporate policies prohibiting it.

So you may be more likely to get a response if you can post screen images using the the tools MrKowz provided rather than trying to uploading a file somewhere on the internet and providing a link to it.

You're right - downloading an unknown file is risky. Unfortunately Excel doesn't lend itself to screenshots that would be of much help. I'm getting several helpful suggestions, but they are little more than guesses since the person doesn't have my exact situation modeled. I've recreated my problem in a minimal-sized Excel file which I can use for testing, only to find no easy way of sharing it (other than offering to e-mail it).

Unfortunately Excel doesn't lend itself to screenshots that would be of much help.
Many people have made use of the tools MrKowz mentioned in the second post to post some very nice screen shots. Take a look at some the recent test posts people have made recently, like this one: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629286

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Penapensil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back