Is it possible to draw shapes in Access and...

hollifd

Board Regular
Is it possible to draw shapes in Access and then be able to grab the shapes with the mouse and move the shapes around. I can do this in Excel but I do not see a way to do it in Access. I can draw shapes and pictures onto a report but there is no way to be able to interact with the shapes and move them around. I want to do this using VBA. Is this possible in Access?

Thanks for any help you might have,

David

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
As far as I know it isn't possible.

What to you actually want to do this for?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

I have developed a program in Excel that will read a 2D CAD file (DXF) and display sheet metal parts onto the screen. The program also emulates a press brake (a machine that bends sheet metal into shapes) and its gauging system. The user can use this program to import a CAD file and then draw tooling shapes onto the screen and basically move the part and tools around to simulate how the sheet metal part would get fabricated in our sheet metal shop. This allows some problem solving up front rather than at the machine where downtime is very costly.

I need to draw things on a very small scale. In Excel, the shapes do not display correctly when I draw so small. They are all distorted. In access, I can draw to any scale and everything appears 100% to scale but the drawings and shapes are not touchable by the user. The user needs to be able to move the shapes around.

Any other ideas. I know that my explanation may not add much value for you.

David

Upvote 0
David

Have you considered adding a hyperlink to PowerPoint(if you have it), this seems to give an accurate representation of small sized shapes?

HTH

Bernard

Upvote 0
Bernard,

No. I have not tried PowerPoint. I'll give it a try and see if it might work better than Excel.

Thanks for the tip.

David

Upvote 0
Bernard,

I tried drawing in PowerPoint and the shapes seem to draw slightly better than Excel when I draw to a very small scale. I wonder why the shapes appear distorted when drawing in Excel and PowerPoint but are drawn 100% accurate in Access (no matter the scale)?

David

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielCorn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back