IPad and Desktop

QCMan

Scenario: I have a workbook with several worksheets that has various bits of VB in them that I programmed from the laptop. The IPad doesn't like VB/macros and wants me to save as different file type, I use the IPad because I do a lot of field work and can enter my data in the field in real time. So I created a copy of my spreadsheet as .xlsx so that I could enter the data on the IPad and created a link to that spreadsheet. So far so good, I think. So with the link I have created the query and the data updates as it should with the new query (from the IPad to the laptop). Now I would like to take that data from the new query (on the laptop) and merge it with the original spreadsheet with the VB and macros. Is there an easy way to merge or at least highlight which cells were changed so that when I come back to the office I simply "Refresh" and the query is updated and possibly do a bit of vb code to merge or insert the new data from the query? I could possibly remember all that I changed but I have night shift running too so I need to update what they put in as well or give them a simple button to click to do it all for them.

Oh and if I haven't totally confused you yet just give me time.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Macros won't run on IOS (or Android, etc..), but if you have a data connection, you could pull off a remote desktop connection to your mac/pc to have full functionality in the field.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NSRL

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back