Inventory/Account tracking for consignment shop...

smagboy1

Greetings All,

I'm working on a database for my mom (she's opening a consignment shop) that will allow her to enter a) consigners, b) items from said consigners and, c) sales of those items (which will then credit a consigner's account--and should eventually be able to debit the account once she pays them their share, or, if they shop in the store).

I hate reinventing the wheel, but I have not found a suitable template to start from, so I'm winging it, and, though I have some Access experience, this one is challenging me to the core! (does anyone know of a template that I might be missing?)

I've started with three tables: a) cosigners, b) consignment items (multiple items can be linked to individual consigners) which holds fields I'm calling for "final price item sold for," "store's share of final price" and "consigner's share of final price," (these fields will allow me to maintain a consigner's account--I hope) and c) invoice (which just has invoice number and invoice date since all other fields will come from the "consignment items" table).

Where I'm hitting my first stump is that I've made a form for making an invoice for a customer. Customer's might buy several items, and each might be from a different consigner. So, the form should pull in items from the "items" table, but, once mom enters the final sales price (and I've got that working using a sub-form off of the items table), but, how do I best update the consignment item fields once she enters all items and executes the invoice? Should the whole "invoice" form be sourced by an update query?

Thank you for any help you can offer (I know this one is a doozy),
Thanks,
Keith

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Were you able to get this form ironed out? I'm looking for something similar to what you are doing but I am on the other side. We are putting materials in consignment stores and want to track what went to who and under what conditions. I have way less experience with excel and was hoping that your form would be something I could use with a few modifications.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
I too am looking for a template of some kind for a consignment shop. I have more experience with Excel than Access, but I can work through it. If you have a link to something that is useable, I would greatly appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bosvinn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back