Interactive User Manual through Access Forms

Jasuan

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Let me start out by saying I am still new to access.

I am trying to create an interactive way create a form that users can select a procedure/action (i.e. how to scan a piece of paper), be asked a series of sub-questions (i.e. Output color?) and get a set of instructions on how to perform that task based on their selections. Some procedures will require up to four subquestions to ensure the user gets the right set of instructions.

My wife, who is not new to access, was saying I will need to use calc or concatenate function to accomplish this, but I am just not sure that is the best way to go about it.

Just want to hear some search terms I should look into in order to accomplish this, or existing guides people are aware of concerning this type of form.

Thanks ahead of time!

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
This sounds more like a web page ,than an access app.
click the link on a page ,this takes you to another page, etc.

Upvote 0
Hi,
You can try googling on the topics:
msaccess cascading combo boxes
msaccess dependent combo boxes
(also comboboxes as one word instead of two, or lists instead of comboboxes)

That would be the general topic you are looking for. It is actually a bit of work, I'm afraid. I think I worked through the tutorial below once (but thank goodness have never tried it again). When I worked on a similar project, I used a lot of vba coding to make things work. The link below would have helped me simplify my work, although it's still some work to set up, although pretty spiffy once it's going.
Access Tips: Cascading Lists for Access Forms

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
You can try googling on the topics:
msaccess cascading combo boxes
msaccess dependent combo boxes
(also comboboxes as one word instead of two, or lists instead of comboboxes)

That would be the general topic you are looking for. It is actually a bit of work, I'm afraid. I think I worked through the tutorial below once (but thank goodness have never tried it again). When I worked on a similar project, I used a lot of vba coding to make things work. The link below would have helped me simplify my work, although it's still some work to set up, although pretty spiffy once it's going.
Access Tips: Cascading Lists for Access Forms

I am going to give this tutorial a try.

I will let you know how everything goes once I apply it to my database. Thanks for the reply!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aiden Jenner

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back