Inserting images into Excel workbook - loss of image quality problem

Unlocking5447

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I’m having a problem with resolution loss of images inserted into an Excel workbook and, after several hours, still haven’t come up with a solution.

The issue is as follows: I have an Excel workbook with thousands of rows of data. I’ve added a column where I want to place an image for most of these rows. I have already disabled the image compression in the “Options” “Advanced” for the workbook and selected “High Fidelity” for the default resolution. The images are in TIF format, but I have also tried converting them into PNG with the same issues. I am selecting the cell and then inserting the image using the ‘insert’ tab on the ribbon, then “pictures” and “place in cell” etc. (copying and then pasting from the clipboard does not work for some reason). When an image is inserted it looks fine but if I toggle the ‘place in cell’ ‘place over cell’ using the little picture icon at the top right of the image, then the resolution quality is reduced. With some files the reduction is worse than others (I haven’t worked out why this is), but I don’t want any resolution loss at all as this workbook. Here are a couple of examples. In each case the image on the left has not been manipulated after being inserted, the one on the right has been toggled as described above.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Both the ones below show the inserted graph on the left and the toggled graph on the right – both lose resolution, although the second example shows the problem more dramatically.

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back