Inserting an Image and Text into Word Using Excel VBA

KMacattack

I am trying to paste a couple cell from excel to word as an image and then insert text underneath the image. The only way that I have been able to get text underneath the image is to use a bunch of line breaks. Is there a way to find the point after the image, it seems like the cursor stays at the top of the page when inserting the image though.

Rich (BB code):
Sub CopyWorksheetsToWord<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
'This will copy the cell to word as a enhanced metafile.<o:p></o:p>
Application.ScreenUpdating = False<o:p></o:p>
Dim WdApp As Word.Application, wdDoc As Word.Document, ws As Worksheet<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
'Creates a New Microsoft Word Document<o:p></o:p>
Application.StatusBar = "Creating new document..."<o:p></o:p>
Set WdApp = New Word.Application<o:p></o:p>
Set wdDoc = WdApp.Documents.Add<o:p></o:p>
'Copies The ranges and will paste into the crated microsoft word document<o:p></o:p>
Set ws = ActiveSheet<o:p></o:p>
        Application.StatusBar = "Copying data from " & ws.Name & "..."<o:p></o:p>
        ws.Range("B4:H27").Copy<o:p></o:p>
wdDoc.Paragraphs(wdDoc.Paragraphs.Count).Range.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteEnhancedMetafile<o:p></o:p>
wdDoc.Paragraphs(wdDoc.Paragraphs.Count).Range.InsertParagraphAfter<o:p></o:p>
'Inserts Text into the Word Doc for the particular Points for discussion.<o:p></o:p>
    wdDoc.Content.InsertAfter  Chr(13) & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & Chr(13)
    wdDoc.Content.InsertAfter  "My Text Here"
Set ws = Nothing<o:p></o:p>
Application.StatusBar = "Cleaning up..."
'Sets the Word Doc view to Print View and Zoom 85%<o:p></o:p>
WdApp.ActiveWindow.ActivePane.Zooms(wdPrintView).Percentage = 85<o:p></o:p>
WdApp.Visible = False<o:p></o:p>
Set wdDoc = Nothing<o:p></o:p>
Set WdApp = Nothing<o:p></o:p>
Application.StatusBar = False

Last edited:
Hi ZVI, I have been searching for a solution for many hours and I think I'm the closest I've ever been.

Which line of code makes Word aware that it has to paste the contents of Excel into FIELD20?

Thanks a lot

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
You can't assign the picture (shape) of the cell to the text field of Word document.

I don’t think that it's a true way, but you can replace field by picture by selecting of that field before the copуing: objDoc.FormFields("FIELD20").Select
Or insert it after the field - you know more about the structure of your Word document.
Try doing your proper action manually with macro recording in Word application to see the template of the code.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is the entire code that I found on another thread which does 2 things that the "ZVI" sub currently does not

1. Opens up a specific Word doc by name (if it's not already open).
2. Allows me to select WHERE the range of cells should go in Word (by FIELD #)

However, here is what it does NOT do that the ZVI sub DOES do...

1. Paste a range of cells as a formatted picture.

I honestly don't remember who the original poster of this thread is and will post if I can find it.

This version was slightly modified by Sykes (thanks Sykes! and thanks to the original author as well)

Code:
Sub Put_in_Word()

Dim WdApp As Object, wd As Object, ac As Long, ws As Worksheet
Dim str As String, cl As Range
Set ws = Worksheets("Sendit")
str = ""
For Each cl In ws.Range("G1:G29")
    If cl.Value = "" Then GoTo nxt
    str = str & " " & cl.Value
nxt: Next
On Error Resume Next
Set WdApp = GetObject(, "Word.Application")
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
Set WdApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
End If
On Error GoTo 0
Set wd = WdApp.Documents.Open("C:\Apple, 01.dot")
WdApp.Visible = True
With wd
        .formfields("FIELD01").Result = ws.Range("E01").Value
        .formfields("FIELD02").Result = ws.Range("E02").Value
        .formfields("FIELD03").Result = ws.Range("E03").Value
        .formfields("FIELD04").Result = ws.Range("E04").Value
        .formfields("FIELD05").Result = ws.Range("E05").Value
        .formfields("FIELD06").Result = ws.Range("E06").Value
        .formfields("FIELD07").Result = ws.Range("E07").Value
        .formfields("FIELD08").Result = ws.Range("E08").Value
        .formfields("FIELD09").Result = ws.Range("E09").Value
        .formfields("FIELD10").Result = str

How do I combine the "ZVI" code along with this one, taking a piece of each, to get the macro I really need?

I want to take the "keep source formatting and range" portion of the "ZVI" code

and combine it with...

the "Open Word" and "Select the FIELD" portion of the code above.

Whew! and Thanks :)

UPDATE: ZVI, I just got your message about pasting the picture AFTER a specific field. That would be fine. At a minimum, if there is a line within the code that will allow me to put this picture in a certain area (maybe a bookmark, a table#?, etc) that would be almost as good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try (not tested without Word template file):
Rich (BB code):

' ZVI:2009-08-25 http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355225
Sub CopyPicToOpenDocFromExcel()

Dim objWord As Object, objDoc As Object, Sh As Worksheet, txt$, c, i&

' --> Tune it to suit
  Const TemplateDoc = "C:\Apple, 01.dot"
  Const ShName = "Sendit"
  ' <--

On Error Resume Next
  Set Sh = Worksheets(ShName)
  If Err <> 0 Then MsgBox "Sheet not found: " & ShName, vbExclamation: Exit Sub

' Join text from G1:G29
  For Each c In Sh.Range("G1:G29")
    If Len(c) > 0 Then txt = txt & " " & c.Value
  Next

' Open the template DOT file
  Set objWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application")
  If objWord Is Nothing Then Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
  Set objDoc = objWord.Documents.Open(TemplateDoc)
  If Err <> 0 Then MsgBox "Can't open: " & TemplateDoc, vbExclamation: GoTo exit_

' Activate Microsoft Word window
  objWord.Visible = True
  objWord.Tasks("Microsoft Word").Activate

' Replace
  With objDoc
    For Each c In Sh.Range("E1:E9")
      i = i + 1
      c.CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture
      .FormFields("FIELD0" & i).Select
      .Selection.Paste
    Next
    .FormFields("FIELD10").Result = Trim(txt)
  End With
  If Err <> 0 Then MsgBox "Check the fields in " & TemplateDoc, vbCritical

exit_:
  ' Set off copy mode of Excel
  Application.CutCopyMode = False

' Release the memory
  Set objDoc = Nothing
  Set objWord = Nothing

End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The code above is for replacing of the Word document fields of template by the pictures (shapes) of Excel cells.

To insert the pictures after each field add this line of code:
.Selection.Move Unit:=1, Count:=1
before that one:
.Selection.Paste

Upvote 0
By the way, you can insert to Word document the editable copy of Excel cells with its formatting.
Just use c.Copy instead of c.CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture

Upvote 0
ZVI,

Okay, here's what's going on..(not sure if this matters, but I'm using Excel and Word 2002 at home and have Excel and Word 2003 at work. This is being tested on 2002 versions.

1. Currently, the Word document must already be open, otherwise I get an error, can it be set to open the Word doc up if it's not already open?

2. I set up and tested the Word template with ALL 20 FIELDS intially and nothing seemed to work. Then, I erased ALL FIELDS except for one, FIELD20. I tried both form locking and form unlocking and this is what I got on the Word end...

I'm not sure that the code is still set to copy the active range of cells, wherever they may be, because I see 2 cell range references of cells.

The first range in your code is this..

Code:
  For Each c In Sh.Range("G1:G29")

The second range in your code is this

Code:
    For Each c In Sh.Range("E1:E9")

Is the code currently written in such a way that I must have my active cell range be in either of these 2 ranges? I would like to be able to have Excel copy the range that I select, wherever that may be (the range of cells will always be different, everytime I run my report).

So, I'm not sure that this was the way that I was supposed to do this, but I selected my own active range of cells which, this time was

Code:
"E01:I06"

which, in Excel, looks like this...

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 262pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=348 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 55pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2588" width=73><COL style="WIDTH: 44pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2076" width=58><COL style="WIDTH: 50pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2389" width=67><COL style="WIDTH: 58pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2730" width=77><COL style="WIDTH: 55pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2588" width=73><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt" height=19><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: purple; WIDTH: 55pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl22 height=19 width=73>Trip Type</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: purple; WIDTH: 44pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl23 width=58>Character</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: purple; WIDTH: 50pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl23 width=67></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: purple; WIDTH: 58pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl23 width=77></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: purple; WIDTH: 55pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1.5pt solid" class=xl24 width=73></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.8pt" height=18><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: purple; HEIGHT: 13.8pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl25 height=18></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: purple; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl26>Daisy Duck</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: purple; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl26>Donald Duck</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: purple; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl26>Mickey Mouse</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: purple; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1.5pt solid" class=xl27>Minny Mouse</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.8pt" height=18><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 13.8pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl28 height=18>BOREDOM</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl29 align=right x:num>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl29 align=right x:num>6</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl29 align=right x:num>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1.5pt solid" class=xl30 align=right x:num>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.8pt" height=18><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 13.8pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl28 height=18>BUSINESS</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl29 align=right x:num>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl29 align=right x:num>5</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl29 align=right x:num>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1.5pt solid" class=xl30 align=right x:num>4</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.8pt" height=18><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 13.8pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl28 height=18>PLEASURE</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl29 align=right x:num>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl29 align=right x:num>4</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl29 align=right x:num>4</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1.5pt solid" class=xl30 align=right x:num>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.4pt" height=19><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 14.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl31 height=19>Grand Total</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl32 align=right x:num>7</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl32 align=right x:num>15</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl32 align=right x:num>7</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1.5pt solid" class=xl33 align=right x:num>8</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

After I ran the macro (with the Word document pre-open), the cell range above pasted into FIELD20 of the Word document (tried it both locked and unlocked) and the result was this...

Donald Duck 6 5 4 15 (blank) 1 1

Any thoughts? and again, many thanks

Upvote 0
Not clear which code you’ve tested.
Why using selection as it was not used in your code and in mine?
Does your code of post #13 open template word file correctly? The code to do it is the same as in your post #13.
The ranges G1:G29 and E1:E9 were also taken from the code of your post #13 as you’ve asked to mix it with the code of post #10.

All code was provided by me as templates in the assumption that you understand it and can change it for your task - it was based on VBAPro part of your nick name as well ;)

But now it seems that your task is different and you have trouble to debug it.
Ok, what you are trying to do and what are the details and scenario of your task?

Please, detail these assumptions and answer on my questions:
1. The source Excel sheet is named as "Sendit" (see your post #13) or may be it would be an active sheet?
2. There is template DOT file (Word) with static pathname: "C:\Apple, 01.dot"
3. There are 10 text fields in it: from FIELD01 up to FIELD10
4. FIELD01 … FIELD09 are for copy of Excel cells of the (what?) range.
5. For what is FIELD10? In post #13 it is for text joined from G1:G29 cells.
6. If selection is used as the source range of cells, what if more or less than 9 cells are selected?
7. What is the purpose of destination document? Can it be modified or just it is for viewing and printing?
8. Could you upload somewhere the DOT template and provide the link to it?
9. Do you have the working code which is expected to be modified?

Please give the exact details to save the time for extra iterations.

Regards,
Vladimir

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Vladimir,

LOLOL to the name. If you notice...at the end of my name is "I Wish", meaning I wish I were a VBA Pro, like you :)

Okay, onto the serious stuff...

Code in post 13 does open up Word correctly.

I want the code to be able to copy from a range that I've highlighted, the code in the above sub for field10 was just used as sample data only.

Answers to numbered questions

1. You can have the code run on the active sheet.

2. I can go with either .Dot or .Doc whichever is easier

3. There are actually more fields (around 45) but once I see how you wrote the code, I'm hoping I can adjust accordingly

4. I'm not sure what you mean here, but let's say I have 2O FIELDS, Picture them like a Word Document that you "TAB" through 20 times, once after entering data in each one.

5. FIELD10 was the result of a concatentation technique that Sykes used so that a range could be selected. I originally just had FIELDS and could only post ONE cell from Excel to ONE FIELD in Word. His technique allowed me to paste a range of cells, but the result in Word looked nothing like the range in Excel, it lost all formatting etc.

6. There will never be a set amount of cells in a range that I will copy. I just want to be able to highlight a region (using the region button) and have that as my source data to copy to Word as a picture.

7. The Word document will be modified in areas OUTSIDE of the pictures pasted from Excel. I do not need to edit the data that is brought over from Excel. This can be a picture only. If it would be easier to write code so that these "Excel Pictures" go into certain tables in Word instead of FIELDS, that would be okay also.

8. If you open up a brand new Word document and literally create one text form field, double click on it and in the Bookmark area, type "FIELD01", and then press "ENTER" on your keyboard, you've just created the first FIELD BUTTON (FIELD01).

Repeat the process, let's say 4 more times until you get 5 FIELD BUTTONS. They won't have a text label once you get out of the "Text Form Field Options" box, but if you double click on these fields, you will again see there field# in the "Bookmark" text area.

Just make sure that your "Protect Form" button on the toolbar is unlocked when double clicking on these buttons. I am pretty sure that the macro below will work whether or not the "Protect Form" button is locked or unlocked.

Name this Word document "Apple, 01" and put it in your "C" drive and close it.

From Excel, Throw some fake numbers in cell E01 down to E10, then run the macro below. It will open up Word and populate each FIELD (provided you named each field in the bookmark area correctly) down to FIELD10.

Code:
Sub Put_in_Word()

Dim WdApp As Object, wd As Object, ac As Long, ws As Worksheet
Set ws = Worksheets("Sendit")
On Error Resume Next
Set WdApp = GetObject(, "Word.Application")
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
Set WdApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
End If
On Error GoTo 0
Set wd = WdApp.Documents.Open("C:\APPLE, 01.doc")
WdApp.Visible = True
With wd
        .FormFields("FIELD01").Result = ws.Range("E01").Value
        .FormFields("FIELD02").Result = ws.Range("E02").Value
        .FormFields("FIELD03").Result = ws.Range("E03").Value
        .FormFields("FIELD04").Result = ws.Range("E04").Value
        .FormFields("FIELD05").Result = ws.Range("E05").Value
        .FormFields("FIELD06").Result = ws.Range("E06").Value
        .FormFields("FIELD07").Result = ws.Range("E07").Value
        .FormFields("FIELD08").Result = ws.Range("E08").Value
        .FormFields("FIELD09").Result = ws.Range("E09").Value
        .FormFields("FIELD10").Result = ws.Range("E10").Value

End With
Set wd = Nothing
Set WdApp = Nothing
End Sub

I hope that answers all your questions. I'll be checking this tomorrow. Thanks again for your help Vladimir.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anmol Pandey19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back