Insert Sheet Rows in Excel - Episode 2318

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Feb 11, 2020.
Today's tip from Kristin in Cape Canaveral: a faster way to insert worksheet rows in Excel. I will show you the method that I use, other methods I know about, and Kristin's faster method using the Quick Access Toolbar. Also in this video - the easy keyboard shortcut for the first 9 icons on the Quick Access Toolbar.
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Learn Excel from MrExcel Podcast Episode 2318.
Insert sheet Rows to the quick access toolbar.
Hey, welcome back to the MrExcel netcast. I am Bill Jelen.
Easy, easy one today compared to the last two videos that we put up in, this comes from Kristen in Florida in first let's talk about how to insert rows in Excel right?
And the way that I've been doing it ever since. I don't know. Jeez, well along time ago.
Certainly back in Excel 2003.
Is this like one or more cells and then DeWalt I for insert.
R for Rose and that goes all the way back to the days when insert Rose was on the insert tab where it belongs instead of on the home tab alright will undo that.
Now the other way is to select one or more cells.
And then up here on the home tab, insert insert sheet rose, but you know that's kind of a hassle there.
The three extra clicks, another keyboard shortcut that I love that I can never ever remember his press shift spacebar and that selects the whole row and then control an plus control.
Plus, every time I press control, plus it inserts new rose.
The hassle with that, and I'll undo CTRL Z several times is if you forget to select the whole row.
Then when you do control plus it brings up this and you have to choose.
Down arrow, enter or press R, enter or if you're not careful, you'll screw up your data right.
So now that Kiwi that belong to that row is now in another row, and probably because of that, I just avoid that whole shift spacebar by the way.
That trick is also good for inserting columns, so if I'm here I do CTRL spacebar.
It selects the whole column and then control plus control plus control plus, but Kristen said look you have to remember this, it's really easy. You don't have to do this once. Come here to insert.
Hover inserci pros right click add to quick access toolbar and there it is right there.
Now we have that icon now Chris and then said on her computer she's moved it to be the first item.
So right click customize quick access toolbar.
Choose insert sheet rose and just click this up up up up up till it's at the top like that.
And the reason that Kristen does that is Kristen knows that the first 9 icons here or special icons. They're really easy to use.
So let me just choose several rows here.
And I'll press and release the alt key C and those first 9 icons are assigned the numbers one through 9.
So just simply becomes pressing released alt and then one an there.
I've inserted five rows at a time.
You know it's funny one of the craziest questions I get is how is it possible to insert more rows than one at a time I don't know why people have never figured out that you can insert a bunch.
You would think if you're listening to this podcast that you see this all the time.
You do this all the time, but.
It's crazy how many times people think they have to insert one wrote a time, then another row than another row, and then another row.
So thanks to Kristen in Florida for this cool little trickier insert sheet rose on the quick access toolbar.
I'm sure that you have your favorite icons on the quick access toolbar Libya.
Comment down in the YouTube comments below.
Let me know what icons you have added to your quick access toolbar.
I'm always fascinated by what's important enough and you might know if you've moved anything into those first 9 so you can use the keyboard shortcuts for those.
Out today promoting the book Mr Excel LX.
And hey if you buy it for me, you get the update Mr Excel 2020 seeing Excel clearly, what's the difference between these?
About 12 pages I include some XLOOKUP and things like that.
I made a joke here that when XLOOKUP came out, this book was obsolete.
Someone down in the YouTube comments said well you should update it! So I did. But not in print though.
If you buy the print book from me you'll get this E-book as well with the latest updates.
That's really the only way to do with Office 365 new stuff coming every month. Just having a little bit and then maybe.
Every other year will do a reprint of collecting things.
Once we get more than just 12 new pages.
And now please if you enjoy the videos here down below, please click subscribe.
An ring that Bell just about at 80,000 subscribers right now.
You know, I'm hoping to get to that coveted coveted 100,000 subscriber so I can hang that YouTube plaque.
Alright well hey I wanna thank you stopping by.
I will see you next time for another netcast from MrExcel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fahad_ibnfurjan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back