Insert and edit form - problems!!

feeel

Hello world!

Kinda new to Access, and really keen to learn!!

I have started to create a simple (yet hopefully very usefull) little database to record my list of phone numbers...

Im not complicating life by adding addresses and additional info... for the time being i'm using this excercise to learn the fundamentals...

My database is designed as follows...

Each person listed can have one or more phone numbers (subforms are wonderfull!!) So lets say person 'A' has a house tel number 'x', yet this number can also belong to someone else... lets say a house mate... person 'B'... so person 'B' shares 'X' yet also has mobile number 'y' listed!

I'm sure that could be explained much more simply... but still

Now im not having any problems displaying this information in my form, however things go t%ts up when i try to add a new number to a persons details.... says that the number is not located in the table....

im trying to keep this database as simple as possible so was hoping to have one form for both entering and viewing information... i can get things to work by creating two forms.. but this just isnt functional....

how can i accomplish this? im assuming i have my relations set up incorrectly... or that i need to script some form of update function.....if this post makes no sense please kick my backside and i'l rewrite and re post!
But for the time being i welcome any and all suggestions!! to be honest if someone could show me the ways of my errors id be really happy!!

Cheers everyone! Hope you can help !!

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Well you said that you are using two forms at the minute, I'm guessing one is for viewing and one is for entering data. that sounds fine to me, but if you really wanna use one form for both viewing and entering data it should be possible. just before i start rambling on, how many tables and queries are you using, and what have they got in them code wise.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craigvan888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back