Input Form Help Needed

eddiesvoicebox

Evening All,
I have a (im sure) small problem with an access form i am using. the form records information on call quality within a call centre environment. I have set up the form with the relevent criteria and some radio buttons for Yes, No or N/A results. These are fine as i have just set up the control source directly into the correspoding table. However my form also works out a percentage pass mark depending on how many criteria met etc.
Because of the formulae entered in these percentage (text)boxes i am unable to assign the control source to the table, so i can get the individual marks for each question but not the overall marks or percentage. I have been pointed in the direction of an Update query but am unsure of how to reference this to a form field. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Eddiesvoicebox

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Calculated values usually should not be stored in a table, so it sounds like you have things right.

If you need to look at a students calculated score, use a query, add the calculation as an expression, and refer to this any time this score is needed.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.
What we need is these values for reporting on later to see how many passes in a certain percentage bracket etc.
Im just not sure how to get this all calculated and into the table.

Eddiesvoicebox

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.
What we need is these values for reporting on later to see how many passes in a certain percentage bracket etc.
Im just not sure how to get this all calculated and into the table.

Eddiesvoicebox

Upvote 0
Anything you can do with a table (like make a report), you can do with a query. So, put this calculation in a query as an expression field, and then base the bind the report to the query and not the table.

It is very rare that you will want to store calculated values in a table, one reason is that any time you changed a value that the calculation was dependant upon, you would have to go to your table and change the value of this stored calculated field. In a query, and dependant data changes are accounted for, since the calculated field is dynamic

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iours

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back