influx in new members

nbrcrunch

Maybe I'm just suspicious to begin with, but it seems that there is an unusually high number of first-time posters on this board. While on the surface this may appear good, I'm wondering if they are all being created by a just a few people that post once and then create a new profile (for whatever reason). while i realize that posters behind firewalls might show the same IP, I'm wondering if there is any monitoring of this being done.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Or it could just be that a new semester of high school/college (or "university" for the traditional English speaking folk) has just begun! :biggrin:

We typically see increases around September and January when new semesters start.

Didn't the site switch tack recently become more prelevant on Google etc? Would that not be likely to have had an effect?

I do also think that there seem to have been a larger number of first time posters recently. Never thought it would be pesky students. ;)

I have also noticed, and am only judging by the user names picked, but more than before of these appear to come from India/Asia where as before it always seemed a large proportion of users were European, North American or Australasian.

I've noticed that as well. But I have also suspected about users have multiple log-in names, and some have even hinted about that. Hmm - thinking that we don't want to answer one user but a different user we will?????? Thoughts to ponder

Always nice to have another MVP around! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back