Indirect Function?

Loki2400

I have some formulas that I want to change with the name of the worksheet. I have a cell called PxW that has the name of the sheet that is the dashboard in it; "10x4" for instance. I make pairs of worksheets; a dashboard sheet that would be called "10x4" and a data sheet that has a matching name "10x4 WOs". My issue is each week I make a new sheet for the week and need the following formula to change so I do not have to go in to all 30 formulas and update the "10x3" to "10x4" and so on. I have been dabbling with the indirect function and I believe I am close but must have some sytax wrong. Here is an example of the stagnant formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(('10x3 WOs'!$E$6:$E$300="TCPKG")*('10x3 WOs'!$I$6:$I$300<>"PM-PM/MSS"))

The formula is on the worksheet entitled '10x3' and it is getting data from the '10x3 WOs' sheet. I tried inserting the following in for the highlighted portion but it did not work:

INDIRECT("PxW")&" "&"WOs"

I have this formula on my worksheet and it is returning '10x4 WOs' which is the proper name for the sheet, but I can not make it work as part of the whole formula above.

I am not dead set on using the indirect function, it was just the direction I chose. I just need the '10x3' part of my formula to index with the sheet so each week I do not have to change it manually.

Any help would be great! I really appreciate it! Thanks!

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Try this:

INDIRECT("'"&INDIRECT("PxW")&" "&"WOs'!$E$6:$E$300")

and

INDIRECT("'"&INDIRECT("PxW")&" "&"WOs'!$I$6:$I$300")

Alternatively, you could just add a "Week" cell at the top, and insert whatever week you want it to be (for instance, 10x4).

Say that is Cell A1. You can then simplify as follows:

INDIRECT("'"&A1&" WOs'!$E$6:$E$300")

Upvote 0
Maybe

=SUMPRODUCT((INDIRECT("'"&PxW&" WOs'!E6:E300")="TCPKG")*(INDIRECT("'"&PxW&" WOs'!I6:I300")<>"PM-PM/MSS"))

M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back