Index Match

DRExcel515

Board Regular
Ok I have an index(Match formula I'm using.... IFERROR(INDEX('Master Portfolio Sheet'!C$3:C$187,MATCH(1,INDEX(('Economic Macro'!$G$2='Master Portfolio Sheet'!B$3:B$187)*('Economic Macro'!$A18='Master Portfolio Sheet'!A$3:A$187),0),0)),"")

I understand that this is making sure two variables are true before bringing in the stat that I am looking up. Is there a way to alter this formula to basically say if one condition is not true, look at the next stat to see if it is true and so on until it finds a match? There would be three possible columns where I'd want to find a match if that helps.

Any help would be much appreciated:)

Cheers!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Re: Index Match Help

This may send you off into the right direction, you may need to play with it a little;

=IFERROR(INDEX('Master Portfolio Sheet'!C$3:C$187,MATCH(1,INDEX('Economic Macro'!$G$2='Master Portfolio Sheet'!B$3:B$187,),0)),IFERROR(INDEX('Master Portfolio Sheet'!C$3:C$187,MATCH(1,INDEX('Economic Macro'!$A18='Master Portfolio Sheet'!A$3:A$187,),0)),""))

Then in that last part of the last IFERROR, you would want to do another IFERROR like the ones before it for your third option...

I hope this helps...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back