Index function stopped working

SanjayGMusafir

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi Experts

Everything was going fine. Just now the following formula stopped working. I checked it, part by part. The INDEX function is giving error.

In fact I realized the problem when found one of the Macro using same formula was not working as intended.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Excel Formula:
=HYPERLINK("#"&
ADDRESS(MATCH(1,Index((Banks[Dt]>=TODAY())*(Banks[Dt]<=TODAY()+15),0,1),0)+5,COLUMN(Banks[Dt]),4,1),
ADDRESS(MATCH(1,Index((Banks[Dt]>=TODAY())*(Banks[Dt]<=TODAY()+15),0,1),0)+5,COLUMN(Banks[Dt]),4,1))

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I believe I downloaded some data from internet that might have corrupted the file or what.

With some effort I reverted back to few hours back and everything was working fine.

Thanks for checking through my post. Marking thread resolved.

Yet any concrete answer to what could have happened might help in future.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Solution
I have found that data downloaded from the internet often has issues, such as:
- Numeric or date data coming over as text, instead of in a valid number or date format
- Data have special non-visible characters in them, such as non-breaking spaces. This can be especially troublesome when trying to match on data.

Upvote 0
@Joe4 the challenge was the data downloaded was all together at some different place in the file and yet...

Still the thoughts you have shared are worth keeping in mind for future references too.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
@Joe4 the challenge was the data downloaded was all together at some different place in the file and yet...
Not quite sure what you mean by that?

However, your formula is doing date math/comparisons. If the data you downloaded came down as text and not as valid dates, that could cause issues.

I am just telling you what problem I commonly see with data downloaded from the web. Maybe it pertains to you in this situation, maybe it does not.
But since you don't have any explanation yet, and asked for possible causes, I thought I would mention that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back