In Excel VBA , is there a way to select specif locked cells, while leaving other locked cells 'unselectable'

Raustin

Board Regular
Hello Excel Experts,
I have an excel sheet, which is protected. I would like to give the user the ability to select specific locked cells within a sheet while at the same time not allowing them to select other locked cells within the same sheet. Basically i have a small, cell-based calendar containing formulas, in which i would like them to be able to select specific dates (locked cells) on this small range, which displays the Day View of the selected Date. However there is no need for them to select any other locked cells within the sheet. Excels Sheet Protection only seems to allow a sheet-wide "Select Lock Cells". If there is a way to accomplish this through VBA I would love to hear about it. I did look over a lot of other posts before posting here. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Calendar.png

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FengXue

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back