Importing SharePoint Lists with Similar & Different Column Names

abrig005

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have 5 SharePoint lists. Some with common column names and some with unique column names.
They are related by the column called Unit Name. Is there a way to merge the liss into one table so I can query based on unit name?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
I don think union will work. "The select queries you combine in a union query need to have the same number of output fields, in the same order, and with the same or compatible data types. When you run a union query, data from each set of corresponding fields is combined into one output field so that the query output has the same number of fields as each of the SELECT statements."
My data has a different # of fields in each worksheet and not all the fields match.

Upvote 0
You don't need to return all the fields from each table, just the ones you need or want.
Like in my example, I am only returning the unit_name field from each table.
Ideally, that is what you would want to do. Anything that you want to return from each table in this one query should should be of the same data type.
If it is not, it sounds like you have some serious data issues. It can be very difficult to work with bad data or bad design. It makes things much harder than they need to be.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eccymarge

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back